Here's a piece I worked on this week for Cardnoir. A film noir, pulp romance inspired logo. I went through a fair it of research into the kind of look and type of typeface I wanted to capture before starting work, so I had a pretty good idea if what I wanted to create. I quickly whittled six typefaces down to one and then set about a couple of initial sketches to get an idea of how I could incorporate the flourish I had in mind.
I then set about vectoring the logo to the point you see here. I must say that I am really stoked with how this one turned out. Both with how it fits the brief and with how I reached the final outcome. And I hope you enjoy it too.!